Skip to content
WOODLAND MUSHROOM BENEDICT
- 10 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 3 cups assorted mushrooms (such as white, cremini and shiitake), sliced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) Béarnaise sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh tomato, diced
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split and toasted
- 8 eggs, poached*
- In a large non-stick skillet, sauté mushrooms and shallots in 3 tablespoons butter until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Heat remaining butter in same skillet. Sauté spinach until wilted, tossing gently. Add to sautéed mushrooms.
- Heat Béarnaise sauce in small saucepan over low heat until just warm (overheating will cause sauce to separate). Stir in tomato.
- To serve, spoon some of the spinach and mushroom mixture over each muffin half. Top each with a poached egg. Spoon some of the Béarnaise sauce over each muffin. Serve immediately.
- *NOTE: To poach eggs: In a deep 10-12-inch skillet heat 2 to 3 inches of water to boiling. Reduce heat to keep water gently simmering. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Slip each egg gently into water. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Lift out eggs with slotted spoon. Eggs can be kept warm in a shallow baking dish filled with warm water.