Skip to content
SMOKED CHEESE AND SAUSAGE STRATA
- 20 Minutes
- 2 Hours
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, cubed
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda, sliced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces bulk sausage (pork or turkey), cooked and crumbled
- 4-3/4 cups milk
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Line bottom of a 13-inch x 9-inch pan with half of muffin cubes. Divide cheeses evenly over muffin cubes in pan. Sprinkle on crumbled sausage. Arrange remaining muffin cubes in pan over sausage and cheese layers.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, bell peppers, salt and black pepper. Pour over ingredients in pan. Press down on muffin cubes to soak thoroughly. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover with plastic. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Bake uncovered for just over 2 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: Recipe can be halved. Bake in an 8-inch square baking dish for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.