Skip to content
SAVORY FRUITED STUFFING
- 10 Minutes
- 50 Minutes
- About 6 Cups
- 1/3 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon ground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups canned or homemade low-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine apricots, cranberries and sherry. Let stand while preparing stuffing. Heat oven to 400°F. Cut muffins into 1/2-inch cubes; arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until well toasted.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add sage and salt; cook 1 minute. Add fruit and sherry mixture; simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Combine toasted muffin cubes with vegetable and fruit mixture. If stuffing is to be cooked in a turkey, chicken or Cornish game hens, add 1 cup broth. If stuffing is to be cooked in a casserole dish, add 1-1/4 cups broth. Toss mixture well.
- Bake stuffing in a covered 2-1/2 quart casserole dish at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through. If cooking stuffing inside the bird, bake until the center of the stuffing reaches 165°F.
- Note: Stuffing may be served as a side dish to pork or duck.