Skip to content
ROASTED RED PEPPER DIP WITH PESTO DIPPERS
- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- 2 large red bell peppers (12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 BAYS® English Muffins
- 1 clove garlic, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Cut peppers lengthwise into quarters, discarding cores, seeds and ribs. Place on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and broil, skin side up, about 6 inches from heat until skin is blackened, about 10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and wrap in foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove skin.
- In food processor or blender, puree peppers with ricotta cheese until fairly smooth. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, herbs and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Bake muffin halves in preheated 350° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until crisp and golden brown at edges. Rub with cut side of garlic. Cut muffin halves in half again. Combine pesto and Romano or Parmesan cheese, and spread on muffin quarters. Serve as dippers with Roasted Red Pepper Dip, along with carrot slices and celery sticks.