Skip to content
RIVER BARROW SALMON BENEDICT
- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 8 paper-thin Bermuda onion slices
- 8 slices (4 ounces) Irish smoked salmon or lox
- 8 eggs, poached
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Place toasted muffin halves on serving platter or individual plates. Top each muffin half with a slice of onion, a slice of salmon, then a poached egg.
- In a saucepan, melt butter until bubbling. In a blender container, combine egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce; blend at high speed for 30 seconds. With blender still running, pour butter in a steady stream until mixture is completely emulsified. Stir in chives. Spoon over benedicts. Serve immediately.