Skip to content
NAPA TENDERLOIN BENEDICT
- 20 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups red Zinfandel wine, divided
- garlic salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 stick (four ounces) butter, cut into pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- thinly sliced red onion rings
- 12 medium eggs, poached
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- Basil sprigs
- Combine Tenderloin and 2 cups wine in plastic zipper-top bag. Marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from marinade; place in oiled 9-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper; roast in preheated 425° F oven 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- While tenderloin is roasting, prepare Napa Valley Tomato. In a saucepan, boil remaining ¼ cup wine until reduced to 1 tablespoon. Reduce heat and stir in butter, one piece at a time, and heat until bubbling. In blender container, combine egg yolks, salt and pepper. Cover blender, and at high speed, pour butter in a steady stream until mixture is completely emulsified. Gently stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Serve immediately or keep warm in heated thermos.
- Combine sour cream and pesto. Spread on toasted muffin halves; top with slices of onion. Slice tenderloin and place a slice on each muffin half. Top with poached egg. Spoon sauce on top. Garnish with basil sprig.