Skip to content
MINUTE MINESTRONE WITH BAYS CROSTINI
- 10 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) country vegetable soup
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese, grated
- 1 cup leftover cooked pasta
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- Italian parsley, chopped
- Lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, combine soup, romaine, prosciutto, zucchini and cheese. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, combine oil and dressing mix; brush on both sides of muffin halves. Place on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 325° F oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Toss pasta with 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat thoroughly in a skillet or microwave. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Stir one teaspoonful of prepared pesto into each serving. Spoon pasta on top; sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest. Serve with warm or room-temperature crostini.
- Other additions: Leftover cooked sugar snap peas or green beans, cut up; pepperoni or chopped ham.