Skip to content
MEDITERRANEAN PESTO SHRIMP PIZZETTA
- 10 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 slices eggplant
- 3 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 6 large slices Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pitted and thinly sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 6 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant slices and sauté both sides; drain and set aside.
- Place muffins on baking sheet. Lightly spread each muffin with pesto. Top with eggplant, then tomato. Evenly sprinkle each “pizzetta” with basil, oregano, feta and mozzarella cheeses, sundried tomatoes, olives and red peppers.
- Lightly coat shrimp with remaining olive oil and arrange two halves on each muffin half. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and pink in color. Serve immediately.