Skip to content
MAUI STEAK MUFFINS
- 20 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice (2 6-ounce cans)
- 1/4 cup shallots or onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme leaves
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds flank steak, marinated
- 3/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 6 BAYS® English muffins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- grated parmesan cheese for garnish
- diced pineapple for garnish
- thinly sliced red onion for garnish
- Combine pineapple juice, shallots, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and thyme in a resealable plastic bag. Add steak and seal. Marinate 6 to 24 hours in refrigerator, turning frequently.
- Meanwhile, prepare Maui Steak Sauce: Combine horseradish, mayonnaise, pineapple juice, ginger and parmesan cheese. Stir, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove meat. Grill or broil for about 4 minutes per side. Slice thinly across grain of meat.
- Toast muffins. Combine butter and garlic. Brush on toasted muffins. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top muffin halves with beef slices. Garnish with pineapple and red onion slices. Serve with Maui Steak Sauce.