Skip to content
HUEVOS RANCHEROS SANDWICH
- 10 Minutes
- 5 Minutes
- 1/2 cup drained canned black beans
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared medium salsa, divided
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- Place beans in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Spread mashed beans on bottom half of each muffin. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons cheese on top of bean layer. Cover and set aside.
- Lightly grease four microwave-safe custard cups. Break one egg into each cup and pierce yolks with a toothpick. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on medium (50%) power, 4 to 5 minutes, rotating cups halfway through. Let stand covered to complete cooking. Carefully remove eggs from custard cups.
- Place egg on top of the bean/cheese layers, top with additional 2 teaspoons cheese, then salsa and remaining cheese. Place top half of muffin on sandwich. Microwave on high power 15 to 30 seconds to melt cheese and heat sandwich. Add lettuce if desired. Serve immediately.
1. If you have any raw egg on your hands, wash hands.
2. Test the yolks with a toothpick, they should be almost completely cooked when removed from the microwave oven.
3. Cooked eggs will be very hot; remove from custard cups carefully.
4. Cooking time for one (1) egg: 45 seconds to 1 minute.
5. Timing of eggs is based on cooking in a 900 watt microwave oven.