Skip to content
HOLIDAY TENDERLOIN WITH CAVIAR
- 15 Minutes
- 25 Minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons well-drained horseradish
- 3 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce caviar, such as bowfin, whitefish or salmon or a combination
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Rub tenderloin with mustard; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oiled 9-inch square baking pan and roast 20 to 25 minutes, until meat thermometer registers 135 ºF. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and horseradish. Toast muffin halves and place one half on each plate. Slice tenderloin and place two slices on each muffin half. Top with a slice of red onion, a dollop of horseradish-sour cream mixture and caviar. Garnish with watercress.
- Note: Leftover roast beef or beef tenderloin can also be used.