Skip to content
HEARTY SEAFOOD CHOWDER AND SWEET BACON & HERB MUFFINS
- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- 2 quarts plus 1 cup prepared condensed New England clam chowder
- 1 quart plus 2 cups milk
- 3 cups drained canned corn
- 1/3 cup minced green pepper
- 1 pound 2 ounces small peeled and deveined shrimp, cooked
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, as needed
- 12 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary and basil)*
- Combine chowder, milk, corn and green pepper in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer; reduce heat. Add shrimp and crabmeat. Heat gently until seafood is heated through, about 2 minutes. Hold and serve at 140° F to 160° F.
- Arrange bacon in a single layer in shallow pan. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar. Bake at 425° F until bacon is crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool; cut each strip into fourths. Hold for per-order preparation.
- Mix butter and herbs. Hold refrigerated for per-order preparation.
- Spread muffin evenly with herb butter. Place 3 bacon pieces on each muffin half. Ladle soup into bowl. Season with ground pepper and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- * If fresh herbs are not available, 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried may be substituted.