Skip to content
HAM AND ARTICHOKE STRATA WITH SWEET PEPPER CREAM
- 20 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split, lightly toasted and cubed
- 2 cups (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 medium yellow or red bell peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Arrange half of toasted muffin pieces in buttered 9x12x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the Swiss cheese, then artichokes and ham. Top with remaining muffin pieces.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in cream and pour over layers in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover lightly with foil; let stand at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Sweet Pepper Cream. Cut peppers in half; remove stems, seeds and veins. Place halves skin side up on broiler pan. Broil until evenly charred on outside. Place in loosely closed paper bag for several minutes, then rub away charred skins. Puree in blender or food processor until smooth. Let cool.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Blend salt, pepper and mustard into pepper puree, then fold puree into whipped cream. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Bake strata for 20 minutes; uncover and continue baking 15 to 20 minutes more, or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with Sweet Pepper Cream.