Skip to content
GRUYERE OPEN FACE WITH BACON & APPLE
- 5 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 1 medium onion (about 5 ounces), chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, cut in half
- 1/2 red apple, cored, cut into 16 thin slices
- 2 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, optional
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in oil over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt.
- Mix onion, butter, and mustard in medium bowl.
- Place muffin halves on baking sheet. Spread evenly with onion mixture; top each half with 2 pieces of bacon, 2 apple slices and 1 tablespoon cheese. Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with thyme.