Skip to content
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH PAPAYA SALSA
- 20 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, freshly ground
- 1-1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 12 thin slices papaya
- Cilantro sprigs, if desired
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce, red pepper sauce and ground coriander. Add shrimp and pepper squares, tossing to coat well. Close bag; marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, combine diced papaya, jalapeno, onion, sugar, cilantro and red bell pepper; mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Drain shrimp and peppers, reserving marinade, and thread onto skewers. Grill over hot coals until shrimp turns pink, 7-10 minutes, basting often with marinade*. Butter toasted muffin halves. Fan 2 papaya slices on each muffin half. Remove shrimp and peppers from skewers and arrange on muffin halves, topped with salsa. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- * Food safety: Boil marinade ingredients before basting.