Skip to content
GRILLED CUBAN STEAK SANDWICHES
- 25 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds flank steak
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pimento or finely diced roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons pimento or diced roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- Place steak in a resealable plastic bag. Combine oil, lime juice, garlic, oregano and hot sauce; pour over steak. Close bag securely; turn to coat steak with marinade. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours before grilling.
- Prepare Mayonesa Rosada: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pimento, tomato paste, lime juice and hot sauce; mix well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- Prepare Salsa de Aguacate: In another medium bowl, combine avocado, pimento, olive oil, capers, lime juice and hot sauce. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 2 hours before serving.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin seeds. Grill over medium-hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare steak. Transfer to carving board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes. Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Spread Mayonesa Rosada over three muffin halves; pile steak strips on top. Close sandwiches with muffin tops. Serve with Salsa de Aguacate.