Skip to content
GLAZED PLUM TART
- 20 Minutes
- 45 Minutes
- 2 BAYS® English Muffins, torn
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound (14 to 16) Italian prune plums or other freestone plums, pitted and quartered
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sifted confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- candied lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine muffin pieces and almonds in food processor. Cover and pulse until finely ground. With motor running, add almond extract and melted butter to combine. Press onto bottom and sides of buttered 9-inch spring form pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned at edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine plums, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste), ginger and lemon zest. In another bowl or processor beat together eggs, cream, remaining sugar and flour. Pour half of egg mixture into cooled crust. Spoon plum mixture on top. Spoon remaining egg mixture over plums. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until set. Cool to room temperature. Gently remove side ring from pan. Heat jelly in microwave for 30 seconds or over low heat. Brush on tart.
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold in 1 tablespoon sifted confectioners’ sugar and lemon extract. Top with a little candied lemon peel. Sprinkle edge of tart with additional confectioners’ sugar.