Skip to content
GAZPACHO WITH MEDITERRANEAN MUFFINS
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 cups peeled and coarsely chopped tomato*
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 1/2 BAYS® English Muffin (top preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 red or green pepper, chopped
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- In blender, chop garlic. Add tomato, green pepper and Bloody Mary mix; cover and blend until puréed. Add torn muffin half, olive oil, vinegar and salt; blend to combine. Chill thoroughly. Serve with remaining chopped vegetables to be sprinkled on top.
- Combine garlic and butter; spread on muffins. Evenly sprinkle muffins with Asiago cheese; broil until cheese is melted and muffins are golden brown (1 to 2 minutes).
- Topping options: Muffins can be topped with hummus, tapenade (olive spread) or guacamole. Accompany with an antipasto tray.
- *Use the ripest, most flavorful tomatoes available; choose vine ripened, Roma or cherry tomatoes.