Skip to content
FRESH HEIRLOOM TOMATO TARTLETS
- 20 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto*
- 1/3 cup prepared sun-dried tomato pesto*
- 8 BAYS® Multi-Grain English Muffins, split and toasted
- 4-5 small to medium-sized heirloom tomatoes, cut into slices or wedges, at room temperature
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic-infused olive oil, for drizzling
- Thinly sliced fresh basil
- Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, set over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and maintain a simmer. Simmer vinegar until it has reduced to half its original volume and thickened to the point where it coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide ricotta in half, placing 3/4 cup in each of two small bowls. Add basil pesto to one bowl and sun-dried tomato pesto to the other. Mix both until thoroughly combined. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- To assemble, spread about 2 tablespoons of either ricotta cheese mixture on a toasted muffin half. Top with 2-3 slices of tomato. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper, and drizzle with garlic-infused olive oil and/or reduced balsamic vinegar syrup. Garnish with sliced basil, and serve immediately.
- * For freshest flavor and best quality, buy prepared pesto from the refrigerated section, rather than in the Italian foods aisle.