Skip to content
CURRIED CARROT SOUP WITH CHUTNEY BUTTERED MUFFINS
- 10 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced carrots or 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2-1/2 cups canned or homemade low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons bottled mango chutney, large pieces of mango chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add apple and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 minute. Add carrots and 1-1/2 cups of broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until carrots are very tender. Using an immersion blender or food processor, puree soup. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth and half and half; heat through. Add salt to taste, if desired.
- Combine softened butter, chutney, chives and curry powder; mix well. Spread toasted muffins with chutney butter; sprinkle with almonds. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with sour cream, if desired. Sprinkle with chives or green onion. Serve with warm muffins.
- Note: Soup may be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months before serving.