Skip to content
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 6 BAYS® Brioche Style English Muffins
- 8 oz baked Virginia ham, sliced
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 12 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat and add flour. Stir for 2 minutes. Slowly pour the hot milk into the butter/flour mixture and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, ½ c Parmesan, and 2 oz Gruyere. Set aside.
- Place muffins on baking sheet(s) and bake for 5 minutes. Flip muffins and bake for another 2 minutes, until fully toasted.
- Take six of the muffin halves and brush with mustard. Add a slice of ham and sprinkle with half of the remaining Gruyere. Top with remaining muffin halves, cheese sauce and the rest of the Gruyere. Bake sandwiches for 5 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil for 3 to 5 minutes until the topping is bubbly and lightly browned.