Skip to content
CHICKEN & ROASTED PEPPER SALAD
- 15 Minutes
- 20 Minutes
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split, boned and skinned
- Smoked salt
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat broiler. Place whole peppers on a baking sheet, and broil until skins are charred on all sides, turning as needed. Place in a paper bag; close bag firmly. Let stand 10 minutes. Once cool, peel peppers. Cut into lengthwise strips, reserving liquid.
- Place pepper strips and liquid in saucepan. Combine green onion, olive oil, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper and garlic powder; mix well, and pour over pepper strips. Heat over medium heat. Keep hot.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with smoked salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, and cook chicken breasts 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning once.
- Butter toasted muffin halves. Cut chicken breasts into strips, and arrange on top of muffin halves. Spoon hot pepper salad over chicken. Sprinkle with walnuts.