CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER WITH TOMATO CHEESE MUFFINS
- 15 Minutes
- 35 Minutes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 soup can milk
- 1 soup can frozen western blend corn with onions and peppers
- 1 soup can (1-1/4 cup) diced cooked chicken
- crumbled bacon or salsa
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons Dijon or sweet hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 16 slices Roma tomatoes or small tomatoes
- 4 ounces Havarti, Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan, combine soup, milk, corn blend and chicken. Heat and stir over medium heat until just boiling.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast muffin halves; spread with softened butter, then mustard. Sprinkle with snipped dill. Top each muffin half with two tomato slices and a piece of cheese. Broil just until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle chowder into bowls. Garnish with bacon or salsa, if desired. Serve warm with soup.