Skip to content
- 1 Day
- 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion (white and green parts)
- 6.5-ounce jar caviar or lumpfish roe
- Grated lemon zest for garnish
- Shipped fresh chives for garnish
- 8-10 BAYS® English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 8-10 tablespoons butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except caviar and garnishes. Blend with electric mixer until smooth and light.
- To assemble:
- Choose a clear crystal bowl, preferably straight-sided, with a 4-cup capacity (trifle can also be assembled in individual cordial glasses). Spoon a layer of cream cheese mixture about 2 inches thick on the bottom, being careful to keep the sides clean. Next, add a 1-1/2-inch layer of caviar. Continue with remaining cream cheese mixture and caviar, alternating layers. Chill thoroughly.
- Cream cheese mixture is best made a day in advance, then assembled with caviar and garnishes just before serving. Serve chilled with toasted, buttered English muffin wedges.