Skip to content
BBQ-PEACH TURKEY BURGER
- 5 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion (about 10 ounces), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- In a medium skillet, cook onions in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-low heat 18 to 20 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Mix barbecue sauce and ginger; divide evenly into two portions and reserve one for serving.
- Place turkey, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in medium bowl; mix well. Shape into 4 patties, about ½-inch thick. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 3 minutes; flip and continue cooking 1 minute. Brush burgers with barbecue sauce mixture; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked to 165°F.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on bottom halves of muffins. Top with burgers and caramelized onions. Spread peach preserves evenly under muffin tops; place over burgers and serve with reserved barbecue sauce mixture.