Skip to content
BAKED FRENCH TOAST WEDGES
- 20 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- 4 whole BAYS® English Muffins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups half-and-half, whipping cream or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
- Spray a 10-inch quiche dish or deep-dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange muffin cubes in a single layer in dish. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in vanilla and salt; mix well. Add half and half and melted butter or margarine, mixing well. Pour evenly over muffins, press down on muffins to moisten with liquid. Sprinkle nutmeg evenly over mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight if desired, or bake immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack; cool at least 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve warm with fruit topping or heated maple syrup.