Skip to content
ASIAN SOFT-SHELL CRAB CLUB SANDWICHES
- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons light or regular mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons slivered red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- To make Asian Aioli, combine mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and garlic; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To make Oriental Slaw, combine cabbage, red bell pepper, carrot, rice wine vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil; toss well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- In plastic bag, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Add one crab at a time; shake bag to lightly coat crab with flour mixture. Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add crabs; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Lightly toast muffin halves. Place muffin bottoms on four serving plates; top with slaw. Place crabs over slaw; top with aioli and almonds. Close sandwiches with muffin tops.