Skip to content
ASIAN LAMB SANDWICHES
- 15 Minutes
- 10 Minutes
- 4 pounds boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons chili paste with garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 BAYS® English Muffins, split
- 1 seedless cucumber, scored and thinly sliced
- Put lamb in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Combine garlic, ginger, 1 teaspoon chili paste, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, sherry, soy sauce and sesame oil, mixing well. Pour over lamb and marinate overnight or about 8-10 hours in refrigerator, turning a few times.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar and remaining chili paste and hoisin sauce, and mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat grill. Grill lamb until medium-rare, about 7 minutes per side. Set lamb aside. Lightly toast muffin halves. Thinly slice lamb. Generously spread hoisin mayonnaise on muffin halves, top lavishly with sliced lamb and cucumber. Serve immediately.