Skip to content
APRICOT AMARETTO STUFFED CORNISH HENS
- 25 Minutes
- 2 Hours
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 3 BAYS® English Muffins, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Cornish hens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup plum jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small saucepan, combine dried apricots, apple juice and amaretto; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine muffin pieces, almonds, melted butter, cinnamon and apricot mixture; mix well.
- Remove inside bag from each Cornish hen; discard. Rinse each hen and pat dry. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt inside each cavity. Stuff each hen with muffin mixture. Skewer or sew opening together. Place hens breast-side up on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place bacon slice over each breast. Cover with foil. Bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt plum jam, stirring frequently.
- After 1-1/2 hours of roasting, discard bacon and continue roasting hens, uncovered, for 15 more minutes, basting with plum jam every 5 minutes. Remove skewers or thread from hens. Serve immediately.
- *To toast almonds, spread on cookie sheet, bake at 375° F for 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.