Bays Top This Pizza Challenge Second Runner Up
Recipe by Susan Mason of Des Moines, WA.
- 4 Bays English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 8 slices tomato, ripe
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 large basil leaves, thinly sliced
- optional garnishes: cherry tomatoes, olives and basil sprigs
Heat oven to 350˚F. Place toasted muffin halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Spread pesto over muffins; top with capers. Stack tomato, prosciutto and sliced mozzarella cheese over muffins. Bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large griddle or two nonstick skillets with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook just until whites are set (yolks will be runny). Remove muffins from oven; top each with one egg. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over eggs. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sliced basil and garnish as desired.