Bays Top This Pizza Challenge First Runner Up
Recipe by Nadine Mesch of Mount Healthy, OH.
- 6 Bays English Muffins, split
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fig jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Heat oven to 400˚F. Place toasted muffin halves on a foil-lined baking sheet; brush olive oil over muffins. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, for the glaze, mix jam and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside. Mix the three cheeses with minced basil; set aside. Spread pesto over cooled muffins; top with bacon. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over muffins. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle fig and balsamic glaze over the muffins and top with pine nuts.