Satisfy hearty appetites with this quick and delicious variation on
potato soup that uses leftover baked potatoes and other garnishes.
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of potato soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 large baked potato with skin, cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 Bays English Muffin, split
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion tops
In a medium saucepan, combine soup, water and sour cream. Stir in baked
potato. Heat over medium heat, stirring gently occasionally, until just
Meanwhile, toast muffin halves; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons each of bacon and cheese. Broil until melted. Cut each muffin half into 4-5 strips. Ladle soup into two bowls and sprinkle with green onion tops, remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Season with freshly ground black pepper and seasoned salt to taste. Serve with muffin strips.