Bays “Pop Quiz” Sweepstakes
1. Overview/Sweepstakes Period NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHERE PROHIBITED. (SEE FURTHER ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS IN RULE 2, BELOW.) BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL, BINDING AND NON-APPEALABLE IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook is not affiliated with the Sponsor in any way.
The Bays Pop Quiz Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by Bays Corporation (“Sponsor”), will begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 30, 2017, and end on or around 11:59:59 p.m. CT on December 31, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Once a week during the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will post one (1) Pop Quiz question on its Facebook Page (see Facebook Page details in Rule 3, below). Questions will be in True/False or multiple choice formats, and will consist of word play, brain teasers, fun facts, numbers games, etc. If you enter in accordance with these Official Rules and provide the correct answer to the question of the week, you will receive one (1) entry into the random prize drawing that corresponds to the week in which your entry was received (each, a “Weekly Drawing”). (See Rules 3, 4 and 5, below, for complete entry and prize details.) The start date and end date for entry (the “Weekly Entry Period”) will vary from week to week. For example, in Week One, the question may be posted on Tuesday and the answer due on Friday; in Week Two, it may be posted on Monday and the answer may be due on Wednesday, etc. Regardless of the day on which the Pop Quiz question is posted, it will be posted at 12:00:00 a.m. CT. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “week” is defined as beginning on a Monday at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending on the following Sunday at 11:59:59 p.m. CT, or at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on end date stated in the weekly question post on Facebook, whichever is earlier. Visit Sponsor’s Facebook Page each day to see if the question has been posted. Along with the question, the Sponsor will post the date by which entries for each particular week must be received. One (1) prize will be awarded for each Weekly Entry Period in separate, weekly prize drawings.
Entries received in an individual Weekly Entry Period will not be included in subsequent Weekly Entry Periods’ drawings. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Eligibility The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who are18 years of age or older (19 or older if a resident of AL or NE) at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized agents, sales representatives, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step- parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
3. How to Enter In order to enter, you must have a Facebook account. If you do not have an account, go to www.facebook.com to create one. Facebook accounts are free.
During the Sweepstakes Period:
(1) Go to the Bays English Muffins Page on Facebook (the “Page”) at www.facebook.com/baysenglishmuffins;
(2) Click on the ”Bays Pop Quiz” application on the Page and, after the question of the week is posted, follow the on-screen instructions;
(3) Complete the entry form by providing the required information, which will include, but may not be limited to, your first and last name, phone number, date of birth, mailing address and your email address;
(4) Provide your answer to the Pop Quiz question of the week; and
(5) Agree to the Official Rules and follow all prompts and instructions to submit your entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person/household/email address per day during each Weekly Entry Period.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes. No other form of entry is valid. Entries via automated programs, bots or third-party services are prohibited, and any entrant who enters or attempts to enter using such methods/services will be disqualified. Entries by the same person/household in excess of the limit stated above will be void and may result in disqualification of the person/household responsible for the excess entries. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the person whose name is submitted with the entry. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer or its contents that is occasioned by participating in this Sweepstakes or by downloading any information in connection with this Sweepstakes; (v) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vi) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; all such entries will be disqualified; (vii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (viii) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winners; or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, Sponsor will select the winner for the Weekly Entry Period then in progress by random drawing from among all eligible, correctly answered entries received during that Weekly Entry Period as of the termination time and date. Thereafter, no further drawings will be conducted and no further prizes will be awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any entry method that is not allowed under these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4. Drawings/Odds of Winning/Notification of Winners Each Monday immediately following the close of the previous Weekly Entry Period, the Sponsor will select one (1) winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, correctly answered entries received during the previous Weekly Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible, correctly-answered entries received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period. The winner for each Weekly Entry Period will be contacted by email within approximately one (1) week following the date of the drawing in which s/he was selected. Each potential winner may be required, as a condition of receiving the prize, to provide proof of his/her eligibility in any form Sponsor requests within a stated time period. Failure to comply, or the determination that a potential winner is ineligible, or a potential winner’s inability to accept the prize for any reason, or the failure of a potential winner to comply with these Official Rules, shall result in forfeiture of the prize and the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible, correctly-answered entries in the applicable drawing pool.
5. Prizes/Consent to Publicity Each verified winner will receive one (1) case of Bays English Muffins (12 six-count packages). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $22.95. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value of prize will not be awarded. A total of forty (40) prize are available to be awarded. Total ARV of all available prizes through the Sweepstakes end date: $918. All properly-claimed prizes will be awarded. Each prize consists only of the item described above. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption will be made except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Federal, state and local Income taxes on each prize are the responsibility of the winner. Each winner will receive his/her prize via United Parcel Service (UPS) within approximately two (2) to four (4) weeks after notification and verification of eligibility.
Limit one (one) prize per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Each winner is ineligible to enter this Sweepstakes or win another prize offered in a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by Sponsor for one (1) year after the date on which his/her winning entry was submitted.
6. Limitations of Liability By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants hereby waive, release and agree to hold harmless, Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, media partners, printers, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the officers, employees, directors and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and/or property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or participation in prize-related activities (if applicable). SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
By accepting a prize, each winner acknowledges that the Released Parties, to the extent permitted by law, have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Consent to Publicity/Use of Personal Information
If you are selected as the winner, your information may also be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
8. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law By participating, entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Cook County, Illinois; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, announcements or notifications and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
9. Severability The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Winners List For the names of the winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by January 31, 2018 to: Bays English Muffins, Pop Quiz Sweepstakes Winners, P.O. Box 1455 Chicago, IL 60690
The Winners List will be available after all winners have been verified.
11. Sponsor The Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by Bays Corporation, Chicago.
Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor only, and NOT to Facebook.
©2017 Bays Corporation All rights reserved.